Health Screening Packages
Foreign Student Screening
Tying the knot and starting a family is a big milestone in one’s life journey. But if you have health problem, that could affect your partner and even your future offspring.
Besides giving you an indication of your general state of health, Pathlab’s Pre-Marital Health Screen tests can help identify potential health problems that are not detected by physical examination that could affect your offspring… when you eventually have them.
In short, Pathlab Premarital Screening will enable you to:
- Assess your general health status
- Discover any infectious disease that could affect your children e.g. HIV, Hepatitis B
- Identify common hereditary conditions that may affect your children e.g. Thalassaemia
- Evaluate a woman's readiness for child bearing e.g. Rubella, Blood group, Anemia
»Pre-Medical Check-up Guidelines«
- Please do not eat for at least 8 hours before blood and urine are taken. However, Plain drinking water is allowed.
- Unless advised by your physician, please postpone taking any routine morning medication. (except anti-hypertensive drugs)
- Urine sample : please take early morning mid-stream urine.
- Stool Occult Blood : Please avoid eating meat and meat containing food for 48 hours.
- Ultrasound : Please consume a lot of water without urinating until you have competed the test.
- Pap smear :
- a. It is appropriate to do the test 7 days after recent menstruation.
- b. Refrain from intercourse for at least 48 hours.
- c. Do not use tampons, vaginal lubricants, feminine deodorants spray, birth control foam for 48 hours.